Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why I can't (won't) buy the Mil Big Cat

melanie opened this issue on Oct 23, 2004 ยท 41 posts

servo posted Wed, 27 October 2004 at 9:57 AM

Everyone's throwing their 2 cents into this thread, I might as well, too: Disclosure: I do not work for or sell at DAZ. I am a DAZ platinum club member, and I don't feel like I've been cheated at all. I have a lot of stuff from their $1.99 deals (and frequent sales and discounts) that I think were WELL worth the money. I also have purchased plenty of high quality models there (with my discounts) that I have no complaints about. I don't think there's any reason for people to be needlessly dumping on DAZ in a generalized sense, since it's clearly been a boon to the poser community at large. Having said that, I did buy the Mil Big Cat, and I admit I am disappointed with it. I hadn't been previously aware of Lynne's animals (and now that I've seen I'm very glad to know they are available, since I do buy stuff from many different sources). I hope and wish that DAZ would take a careful look at their BigCat and offer some serious morph upgrading and options to buyers for free, if for no other reason than to restore their good name in terms of quality -- where I think the consensus is pretty obvious here that the BigCat slipped through as a "not quite ready for prime time" release. I also hope that this whole situation will continue to encourage DAZ product artists to redouble their efforts in a committment to quality and realism that their customers clearly value. ---