Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why I can't (won't) buy the Mil Big Cat

melanie opened this issue on Oct 23, 2004 ยท 41 posts

Armorbeast posted Wed, 27 October 2004 at 2:20 PM

Methinks LisaB needs to do the rethinking.I joined the DAZ Platinum Club last year around Christmas for one month because they made such a great offer to join up...then waited around for something new to be added~nothing of interest was so I did not renew.Then in February we got the free month so I went back and you know how many new items had been added since I joined initially in December...6 and most of those were add ons for things you had to purchase to use.

And I'm not alone in pointing this out Lisa as even many of the Dead Heads on Daz have complained about this and completely agree that the Platinum Club seemed like a good idea but for most its simply not!!What you may be confused about is that over the past few months DAZ has brokered some deals and outright purchased products from people like Dark Whisper and since their older stuff is pretty much sold to those who pay full price,they just dump them in the Platinum Club.

There have indeed been periods of months,however,where DAZ has added nothing or next to nothing to the club and that is something even most loyal members of DAZ will admit...and if you buy the annual membership then you have been royally ripped off.Add to this that most of the items you get in the club can't be used as stand alone products...the question I raised is how is the Platinum Club really a deal when RDNA and Poser Pros offer the same format with no membership fees?If you pay a membership fee then by god you should get something above and beyond what the competition offers without a membership fee...its kinda like the rosity 10% discount on purchases of $35.00 or more that hits when you least expect and when you really can't afford to buy $35.00 in stuff from them before its over.

One thing I don't take is being referred to by anyone as a liar Lisa and I wasn't just speaking for myself in making that statement you tried to correct me on...this is a well documented fact that even the DAZ admin have at times apologised for.So before you go calling someone a liar...get your facts straight first so it can't be turned back on you to make you look foolish.

And servo,the point isn't that DAZ doesn't make good products...its just that in far too many cases like the Big Cats they dump a product on the market that had there been quality control measures in place would not have been released without being reworked first.Many items you may get from them are in fact produced by individual creators and not DAZ itself...but when its created as a DAZ product in far too many cases it proves defective and needs reworked or updated.

Remember when all those defective Firestone tires hit the market that blew out and caused several deaths?They now know that the plant that produced those tires released them on the market knowing they were defective...they simply didn't think of the consequences and the result were deaths and lawsuits.We often hear about companys being sued for putting out defective products or products that aren't what they were promised to be...DAZ hasn't been sued for this so they have no reason to fear it even though legally releasing a product like Big Cats is a breach of promise since any child can see they should not have been released like they were.

If the end goal of learning is genius...why are most geniuses failures at learning?