Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why I can't (won't) buy the Mil Big Cat

melanie opened this issue on Oct 23, 2004 ยท 41 posts

Armorbeast posted Wed, 27 October 2004 at 8:54 PM

Glad to see you return Melanie...maybe you love DAZ but again lol...now its gone from 5 to 9 a week to at least one a day.Now I too check into DAZ quite often and no...there's not something new there that often even if I didn't want it.My point is this Melanie...if you compare freebies at DAZ vs rosity,3DCommune and other sites like that...they do lag way behind and again its something they've been criticised for. My phylosphy in life is this regarding buying...if you have to move a mountain to find one diamond,don't be surprised if the mountain costs more than the diamond will ever be worth.The worth of an item is based on the worth we place on it...from my pov melanie,you should always recieve a quality product from the start and when you look at how often DAZ has to fix mistakes like what they're doing with Big Cats,the question has to be asked if they have quality control at DAZ because I don't think there's one person including Lisa and Laurie above would say that this product should have been released...it simply was not ready by any measure of the word!! Now I recognised both Laurie and Lisa from DAZ right off but didn't want to get into that because of course they're going to defend DAZ...but I just got back from there after noting how Laurie referred to release dates and found that the products don't have release dates on them~so I can see where that end of the argument will go as if she trys to prove it I'll just say how can we know she didn't make it up.I'm never surprised to hear people defend DAZ in regards to quality as they do put out some great products...but what surprises me is the lack of criticism they recieve when they botch something like this royally! In this case,however,even many people I refer to as DAZ Dead Heads were ready to tear DAZ a new one because they had really anticipated this release...no excuse for it and there should be an accounting especially with other products like the Mil Horse not living up to expectation.My concern isn't only for consumers here,I used to work in commercial advertising and what I see DAZ doing is what I've seen many other product manufacturers get sued for...let alone the lousy way they promote their products. As for the Platinum Club its just a matter of perspective...if you are a member of RDNA or Poser Pros you know that what I'm saying about low cost product release without membership fees is true...and just cause they slap a $30.00 price on something doesn't mean a thing when you compare it to the quality you get from the other sites products without membership fees. Then there's paying $39.99 or whatever for each time they release a new product from the same old unimesh...then all the injections and what have you have to be bought as well in seperate paks~when LaRoo was released she cost like $14.95 or such and the inj morphs were free,when LaRoo2 was released she only cost a $5.00 upgrade fee...regardless of whether you like LaRoo,it reveals that you don't have to pay through the nose each time DAZ updates a mesh. There will always be people who don't mind the set up at DAZ,but why do you think that the competition does so much better than them by in large?For all the criticism of rosity that we see in the forums,it nevertheless has more support than DAZ...RDNA,Poser Pros,3DCommune and others might be smaller but lets face facts~the sole reason DAZ even exists right now is Victoria and how the industry for some reason tailored itself so heavily to that one character!!For all its mistakes,as long as they have Victoria DAZ will survive...but if they keep goofing up like they did here with the Big Cats,even that may not be enough. You may think I'm being hard here melanie but I've found that being nice with these people only gets you more of the same...being a hammer makes them pay attention and in some cases even make changes that turn out to benefit everyone.Be nice and get screwed again when the next item like Big Cats comes out...lash out and let them know this is unacceptible and they'll remember next time cause if they don't the next wave of hammers will be even harder on them. I used to do commercial advertising like I said...it was my job at times to tell the client that they were wrong or even to come up with a whole new marketting strategy for them based on what they're doing wrong.In some cases successful business simply go into a slow decline,in some a prosperous business doesn't see how they are undermining their own future success...more than once I did ad campaigns for the rival of a former client and watched that former client go under because I knew where their every weakness was and tried to warn them before they went with someone else to do their advertising. But here's the ultimate slam...if I'm paying $99.00 a year for membership in the Platinum Club you better damn well not let everyone in free from month to month as I know they've done twice this year and a friend is trying to remind me it was three times (don't remember the third). Now melanie...if you're an annual subscriber,why are you paying membership fees if they're letting everyone in for free whenever they choose to? And to answer your last reply Laurie...why I get the info from the forums here,the other sites and from DAZ itself.If you want to argue facts then feel free to do so...but be careful as thats how I win my arguments~no release dates means its your word vs mine so even with your facts you'll lose.I'm arguing what people are saying and complaining about...you're trying to counter with facts and I'll win every time because you're coming at this the wrong way.Its the way DAZ usually does it...picks the wrong fights to make and then doesn't say a word when they really need to say something. I might also point out that being that my remarks about the Platinum Club were somewhat indirect and offhand...it someimes pays to let it slide especially since this thread was fading back in the pack~mistake,ya gotsta know when to grab the pebble grasshopper...especially since only a few people were even discussing this and melanie herself may not have replied had it not moved in this new direction.

If the end goal of learning is genius...why are most geniuses failures at learning?