Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why I can't (won't) buy the Mil Big Cat

melanie opened this issue on Oct 23, 2004 ยท 41 posts

Armorbeast posted Wed, 27 October 2004 at 11:23 PM

My point exactly lol...get in,get what you want and get out without paying the membership fee.I really don't have anything against DAZ except when there is a problem,if you dare bring up a problem in their forums or don't follow suit with the "I love them line",you're liable to get torn up by the members there...its almost as if some of these people have a spell cast on them that DAZ can do no wrong and even if they put out more defective products than anyone else,they always make it right:( But the ones I feel really sorry for are the ones who paid the annual membership fee only to get at those $1.99 items and then to see everyone let in free month after month...somethings wrong here y'know and I don't think its as effective in getting new members as you might think as why would you buy membership when you know they'll let you in for free again later;P But there's a reason why I addressed this in this manner as a few months back one of the insiders at DAZ released a statement telling how the Platinum Club wasn't doing as well as people thought which is why they opened the doors to everyone the first time round...it wasn't to get new members,it was to sell merchandise that they had excluded from most non club members and that wasn't selling as well to the members they do have.As stated here even by those who challenged my "assumptions",you may not like everything they release...well,neither do the Platinum Club members so the members with access don't buy as much as you'd hope and you have cut the rest of the "potential" consumer base off from access. The problem here is obvious...the people who buy membership largely do it for access to the $1.99 deals and may not even consider the rebates or monthly coupon.I have yet to hear anyone speak of joining for the voucher or the discount seperate from the low cost deal...its the $1.99 deals and thats all that matter.I have friends who joined the PC by paying an annual membership who won't be renewing specifically because of this...I think Laurie and Lisa thought I was just attacking,I was hoping to get them to move the conversation in this direction because its a no win deal. DAZ needs to either shut the door so that only members have the access they pay for or they need to drop the membership altogether because no ones gonna join at $99.00 a year for discounts and a voucher...thats a business pov,as for a consumer pov they can keep doing what they're doing and piss the annual membership buyers off so they won't renew.

If the end goal of learning is genius...why are most geniuses failures at learning?