Forum: Writers

Subject: What the Writer's Forum Could Do To Advertise Itself

dialyn opened this issue on Oct 27, 2004 ยท 21 posts

garblesnix posted Thu, 28 October 2004 at 12:08 PM

TallPockets:
I think you're on to something.
How's about we offer a challenge to the modelling, texturing, etc. forums to come up with a graphic we can use for the Writing Forum?

I like the "noir" idea you have (B&W photography is so cool), but we could change the graphic periodically, offered again as a challenge. If someone were feeling "Heminway", for example, we group our thoughts as to what we would like to have included in the graphic theme (i.e. a lion, a shotgun, a pen, and a figure that looks suspiciously like Dr. Geep ;^} )

This way we include them in our endeavors by making them aware of our existence. Living in Los Angeles has shown me that writers are often treated like the embarassing relatives of the creative forces that make movies, TV, etc. Once the words are on the page, it is often hoped that the writer will just go away. (watch the movie "The Player")

I think what we have to offer other forums are stories around which they can craft their models, and they, in turn, offer pictures from which spring ideas for stories.

Then we can feed off each other in an insatiable, blood-engorged orgy of...ahem, I mean we can enter into a sybiotic relationship benefiting all concerned.

g'x