Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why I can't (won't) buy the Mil Big Cat

melanie opened this issue on Oct 23, 2004 ยท 41 posts

melanie posted Thu, 28 October 2004 at 8:13 PM

Darn, I had a nice long response all typed in and it went into cybervoid! Shoot! Anyway, what I was trying to say, mainly to Armorbeast, is that my gripe wasn't against DAZ, and it really wasn't a gripe at all, just a comment that I wasn't too thrilled with the way the male lion looks. I think the Poser Big Cat has great potential. Armorbeast, you wonder why DAZ charges a fee to belong to the Platinum Club. Why not? I pay a fee to belong to PoserWorld and to Traveler's Props Club. I see nothing wrong with that. A few years ago, I paid a fee to belong to Catharina's site (whatever happened to her site, anyway?). DAZ putting a fee on the Platinum Club is not unique. I still have to applaud DAZ for their customer service. I've only had very positive experinces with them. The folks there bend over backward to please their customers and I have great respect for that. The quality of their products, like art, is highly subjective. I find a majority of their products to be of superior quality. Now and then, something is a little less, but heck, when I bake cookies, not all them turn out perfect either. All in all, I'm more than pleased with DAZ and the things they give us. Unfortunately, there's no business anywhere that can please everyone all the time. It's just nature. Armorbeast, you can't compare DAZ with RDNA or Renderosity, because those are member-based sites, where DAZ is a business that produces commercial products. We can't expect pages and pages of freebies from them in the same way as Renderosity and RDNA. I never meant for this thread to become a sounding board for DAZ bashing. Everyone has a right to his or her opinion and that's what makes a community like this so great. We all have the right to speak our mind. We don't have to agree with everyone, but we certainly have the right to be honest and say what we feel. Armorbeast, I respect your opinions, even if I don't necessarily agree with them. I'm still a big DAZ fan and always will be. I've been buying from them since they were still a part of Zygote and I'll continue to buy from them as long as they're there. To Dan and all the staff at DAZ, I just want to say, keep up the great work! Now, I'm going to go work on one of my projects. :) Melanie