Forum: Photography

Subject: Opinions requested on Gallery Content

Misha883 opened this issue on Oct 26, 2004 ยท 76 posts

skoeter posted Fri, 29 October 2004 at 5:55 AM

I'll try to get up a few pence too From the first time something went wrong in a darkroom and looked pretty cool people have been looking for mistakes that would work great and started to call them tricks. Nowadays we call it postwork. Most shots I post are straight from the cam but I just LOVE postwork from time to time. The whole issue is on ALL galleries. Poser galleries with poser figures rendered in Bryce, cinema4D etc Vue d'Esprit postworked photoshop. Basicly this entire site is mixed medium and the whole idea behind it got caught up by artist mastering several media and combining them. All galleries should be reconsidered when it comes to that. But as far as the photo part.... No 3D elements, stockphoto's will do. One can't put the 2D elements with those because it is used for framing, lensflares and touches with brushes. Collages should be in the 2D gallery, which I hate to mention because we have some superrrrrr talents on that part but fair is fair if you need more shots to create one picture your are definately working on a 2D plane creating an image. Well I hope the 2 pence didn't become a dime LOL