Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A little bit angry, but... that

Casette opened this issue on Oct 31, 2004 ยท 37 posts

ynsaen posted Mon, 01 November 2004 at 8:29 AM

milamber42, no. That responsibility is yours. I'd like to point out that it isn't linking to renderotica or posting about it that is against TOS specifically, it's linking to ANY Adult oriented website that is against TOS. It isn't a personal vendetta against Rotica. Nor are you forbidden from talking about them. Renderotica is an adult themed web site (which I love as a euphemism for a site about sex -- since sex is oh, so very adult, of course), and those are not family friendly. As to the comments about the disconnect between the store and the galleries/forums: The TOS is not unevenly enforced. I used to think it was, as well. But then, I started to look at the larger picture of it all, and I have to note, that yeah, it is applied fairly evenly. It does, however, require our active participation in the community to find those exceptions and point them out. THe people here who enforce the TOS are coordinators and moderators, and they do not get paid, do it strictly for fun and a sense of dedication to the community as a whole, and are culled from among us. You will note, please, that the store itself does not have coordinators and moderators. It has one person overseeing it. The store "pays the rent" for the forums and the galleries. The most common pictures in the galleries are pin ups (although they appear in pretty much every category, they are still pin-ups). The "best selling" stuff is sexual in nature, or happens to be very useful for creating pin-ups. Indeed, some of the stuff that is sold here cannot be used in the galleries in images depicting it's intended use. And 2 things will determine how long such items are still sold here. The first thing, and most important one, is how much of it sells. As long as sexual paraphernalia is made and sold through renderosity and contributes a chunk of change to the bottom line of Bondware, it will be there. The people who buy it, for the most part, don't post to the galleries and don't post to the forums (often, they don't even care that such exist). The second thing is public opinion. If you have issue with Renderosity selling those things, then you need to make it known. Consistently and constantly. To make it known is easy. Clearly, calmly, and professionally write a letter to ClintH. Send that letter everyday. Some folks might like to do the reverse -- allow such conversations and imagery in the galleries and the forums. If that is your agenda, however, then -- and not trying to be mean or anything -- you do need to go over to renderotica. That is why the site was born, that is why the site exists. And that's not my opinon, btw. That's the reality of the site. Renderosity won't be changing in the galleries or the forums to a more sex filled one. And, carolly, hon -- this thread's topic wasn't a spanish group. That's the cause of it (and its a heck of a good goal), but review of the initial post indicates that it's really about dissatisfaction with a percieved quirk in the TOS, aided by and undercurrent of hostile suspicion towards renderosity. It's often assumed that since Rotica is a "poser" site, it's something that would be allowed, despite the fact it's against the TOS, simply because, well, I mean, come on -- it's poser stuff, you know? So it's seems unfair. Eh.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)