Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A little bit angry, but... that

Casette opened this issue on Oct 31, 2004 ยท 37 posts

ynsaen posted Mon, 01 November 2004 at 4:44 PM

"No further explanation needed ynsaen, I understand. If they'd just make one teeny modification: "...in the interests of free speech and religious tolerance" + "or making money." I don't think anyone would have reason to bring this up again. " I think ya got the gist of it. It's sorta a mixture of a changing of the guard -- most notably as it pertains specifically tot he poser gallery -- and the choices overall that are made across the entire spectrum. Wasn't trying to really put a "whorehouse" spin on it (grin, lol), just to note that since I've always been sorta set off pretty easily by charges of gallery hacking (that is, removing images indiscriminantly) I always keep in mind two simple rules that apply to everything: 1- People are behind these decisions. 2- People are idjits with feelings and a proclivity to be colored by their own personal views about things which are culturally regulated (such as all the stuffs involved here). I really don't think the gallery set up is currently over motiviated by the money bit -- the store, def, but the galleries no. The pay for play system they recently instituted for additional uploads isn't universal -- we can all still upload our slices of wonder at no cost -- but it isn't apparently coloring the choices of the moderators of said galleries (some of the more interesting removals attest to that). They try. They also listen, although I've notcied the moment ya flame them they tend to sorta lock in hard. Which isn't unreasonable -- you and I have both locked in hard when under attack before, lol -- and sometimes when attacking... For the most part, they've been more fair about the galleries the last year than at any time I can recall in Renderosity's history (though not the Poser Forum). And if you want to go into the area of percentage of removal and violations, even on a per capita or comparative basis, I'm willing we could probably make a case for a greater relaxing of the standards, even as the rules have tightened up. As for the particular content of the galleries, I'll go with ya on that one, Deecey. But I'm a well known prude, lol, so I hardly go there too much. and, um, ewwwwwww.... Cassette: I apologize. I misunderstood your post and the intention of your post. Please forgive me.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)