Forum: The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Subject: What's most in demand for Poser?

drhess opened this issue on Oct 27, 2004 ยท 48 posts

ynsaen posted Wed, 03 November 2004 at 3:03 PM

"...while it's likely accurate for sales of a few items from a limited number of merchants, it's ineffective at showing the market as a whole,..." That came before for the other part -- it was a given, hon. The hot 20 is a good example of what's selling in the store and I never said different. But it is not a good example of what sells well overall in the marketplace. The difference is similar to where houses sell well in a city as compared to what kind of house sells well in a city. The information is still useful, but if you are building a house, you need more information than just where. Building a bunch of houses in that location might get you some sales, but where are the underserved segments? What sort of houses are doing well there? The information is good -- as I noted -- but isn't effective information for this sort of inquiry. And it's a gap in the information that rosity does provide -- a gap that if you can fill will provide you with more sales, I should note, as you'll be able to reach a broader market segment that is just as willing to spend money as the rest becuase you'll be able to see them -- which is what effective marketing is about. Business 101 -- know your market.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)