Forum: Fractals

Subject: If you DO NOT SUPPORT the Fractal Gallery Guidelines, post here, please

nickcharles opened this issue on Nov 02, 2004 ยท 16 posts

1thunder posted Fri, 05 November 2004 at 7:25 PM

I have been following these threads on all of this, and feel that I have to say I do not support the guidelines. Whether you are making and posting your very first fractal or you are a seasoned fractalist, you should have the right to choice where you post it. This fractal gallery is made up of some of the very best fractal artists in the world....as well the aspiring artists. I feel that the guidelines are only inhibiting, and limiting. Not to mention that it is all so very subjective. Not everyone has the same view. Each and every one of us has the right to choose, we can choose not to look at an image if we don't like it. We are all allowed our opinions. I feel that we should be allowed to choose where we put our creations, without fear of it being moved, or someone asking us to move it. I have seen so many postings from people questioning their art, and asking for others opinions on "where this belongs?" There are members out there that are so very confused by all of this, and now are in turn questioning themselves, and their work. Is that the purpose of the guidelines? I strongly feel that the guidelines need to be lifted, in order for each and every member....past, present, and future to feel welcome here in the Fractal Gallery!