Forum: Photoshop

Subject: Need help with print terminology

leilani opened this issue on Nov 07, 2004 ยท 9 posts

aprilgem posted Tue, 09 November 2004 at 8:28 PM

RE: Quark vs. InDesign I honestly couldn't tell you. I've been working with Quark forever, but I've played around with InDesign, like it, and have heard good things about it. If I were starting out, I'd probably choose InDesign simply because of the feature set and its ability to work seamlessly with Photoshop and Illustrator. I use Quark at work, version 4, so that means I'm using the Classic OS9 on Mac. I think the newest version is designed to work on OSX, but I don't know. The art department plans to convert everything to InDesign because many companies are going that way, but I don't really see it happening any time soon. I use InDesign at home. I've used it for only a couple of projects, and I've practiced converting Quark pages over. I've set it so that the Quark shortcuts are active because I'm comfortable with them. If I didn't have the Quark shortcuts on, I probably couldn't do a project completely in InDesign without referring to a book somehow. So really, the only thing holding me back on InDesign is a slight learning curve. All in all, my advice is go with InDesign. It's the way of the future. :)