Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT : need radeon driver help

maclean opened this issue on Nov 11, 2004 ยท 12 posts

gps posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 9:40 PM

Weird coincidence - I have a Radeon 9200 and installed the Catalist drivers about five hours ago (to improve the performance of a 3D game) so I just downloaded the UVMapperPro demo and spent the last few minutes trying to make it crash, so far without success :) Does this image shows what you were trying to achieve - vertices selected with the marque tool? BTW, I got my copy of Catalist from a magazine CD (PC Format). If you've got any newish cover CDs lying around you might want to check them - the game-oriented magazines in particular often put the latest ATI and Nvidia drivers out with each issue. Oh, and last but definitely not least, if you do decide to install Catalist, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FIRST! 'cause I didn't and that's why I spent most of last night trying to get my computer to work properly again:( My specific goof was trying to install the catalist drivers without first un-installing my existing ATI drivers. I ended up with a mishmash of files that left me with a totally garbled screen. Having learned from experience, I can offer more detailed installation info if you need it LOL Cheers - Graham