Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Pretentious much???

Pharie82 opened this issue on Nov 11, 2004 ยท 37 posts

LillianH posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 8:49 AM

I just wanted to pipe in that I understand all too well the difficulties in being recognized as an artist while using Poser. I ran across this while promoting artists to some of the leading magazines in the industry, and at Siggraph. However, I am doing my part to shift that perspective. This past year, I was able to get the very first Poser image into 3DWorld Magazine! It was ToxicAngel's "My Freedom" image. (I didn't tell them it was Poser until it was accepted ;-) Now, they have chosen to highlight this image in their very own promotional layout! It is slowly shifting as artists incorporate many tools to produce high quality work. It also helps when artists know the secrets of lighting, texturing, and perspective. But, there still does remain the mind set that I see as similar in nature to the difference between the Jaguar car owners and the Toyota car owners. Both are cars, both get you to the same place, but the Jaguar owners don't want to be at the same car show as the Toyota owners ;-) Just my insight from the trenches. Keep learning, try new things and create from your heart...it is the soul of the image that makes great art, not the software! Best regards, Lillian

Lillian Hawkins
Marketing Manager
By serving each other, we are free.