Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Your Choices in the Marketplace will be censored by PayPal

nerd opened this issue on Nov 15, 2004 ยท 200 posts

pdxjims posted Mon, 15 November 2004 at 8:48 PM

The 'sity seems to want to kill itself. Many merchants will pull their whole store and move to another site, probably some of the best vendors here. Personally, I'd never buy a texture that isn't shown complete and in the nude. A number of pose sets here deal with intimate (though non-sexual) interaction between two figures that "could" be viewed as "sexual". The fetishwear ban is just a silly since it's just clothing items, that could be shown in the main picture and thumbnail unconformed and in promo's 2 and 3 on the figure. 80% of female breast? On a summer day you see more on an old lady waiting for the bus. Frankly, I expect them to lose a lot of business over this. Their best selling items are textures for figures. There are other companies that handle this kind of transaction other than PayPal, with a lot fewer restrictions. I'd investigate those before I threw out the best vendors and products they have left here. I'd also have asked the vendors for their input before I made the decision. If your vendor base is up in arms about it, it isn't going to be a profitable undertaking. I'm also concerned if other sites will follow the 'sity in this. If they do, the I want to buy stock in the company mentioned in post 27 (not naming it myself, since the last time I mentioned an "adult" site I got a warning). Note to vendors: When you do move your stores, please let us know where you go. I have money I want to spend, and come the 22nd of November, not much will be spent here anymore.