Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why does R'osity go along with PayPal?

ZeeDoktor opened this issue on Nov 15, 2004 ยท 66 posts

hauksdottir posted Tue, 16 November 2004 at 2:20 AM

Renderosity goes along with PayPal because it is an international market and many, many people in other countries do not have credit cards. A lot of people here in America don't, either. I could probably use my debit card to shop, but would far rather use PayPal. (I move a small spot of money in and do my shopping with cash-on-hand without risking my checking account.)

I have no idea what percentage of the store sales (either by number or by dollar amount) are through PayPal, but I bet that it is a considerable chunk of change.

Also, I happen to be glad that some bondage gear and clitoris-flashing leatherbits will disappear from the front pages and thumbnails. This does bring it more in line with the galleries. As it is, when an image gets pulled, the artist will sometimes scream that he bought the "xxx" in the Marketplace, so how come he can't use it here. Texture sets do need to show the entire texture, but not on the first page.

Sex sells product, but so does quality and customer service. If all a merchant is selling is sex, I have to wonder. I also wonder about clone accounts when a new name appears just to start a flame-war

Carolly

Message edited on: 11/16/2004 02:22