Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why does R'osity go along with PayPal?

ZeeDoktor opened this issue on Nov 15, 2004 ยท 66 posts

Hawke posted Tue, 16 November 2004 at 7:21 AM

Ok, if there is no nudity in a texturemap promo pic then how am I supposed to know what the map looks like before I buy it? The idea is quite ridiculous and would simply force me to go somewhere else. It is not like the nudity is there to titilate - it's simply showing me the item I am going to spend my hard earned money buying. I would also point out that whether the promo image or thumbnail has nudity or not the character is nude where you apply the map anyway so whats's next - only fully clothed texturemaps? I find it v v v hard to believe that any poser user is really offended by this and if you are perhaps you should find another hobby or just do landscapes. The 'Tag' system on this site already puts up 'Content' advisory warnings in the market place if you have your account setup to work with them. This goes for everything else as well. If you are seeing images you find offensive (which I find hard to believe on this site) then try setting your account to filter out violence and nudity - problem solved? I can honestly say that I haven't seen one image here that I found to be offensive. Yes people have different views on morality but this is an art community and a certain amount of creative freedom should be given - just how much is ultimately down to RR. As for paypal, I use it for two reasons: 1) Safety as it stops me handing out my cc number to lots of different people. 2) Convenience. It's quick and easy. The saftey aspect is effectively null-and-void on a site like this as RR acts as an intermediary itself. And as for conveneience, if the puritanical rules of the service prevent customers buying what they want then it is not v convenient is it? And while we're on this subject imagine if your credit card company told you couldn't buy a particualr video because they objected to the content? Would you stand for that? No - you tell them to stick their card and go get another one. Paypal is popular but it is not the only way to do it. There's Waestern union, bidpay, a plain old fashioned debit card rather than credit card and probably numerous other options I haven't even considred. Thye haven't told me off for buying anything yet but if they did I would tell them where to get off.