Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: BBB revokes seal of approval for Paypal

pjanak opened this issue on Nov 16, 2004 ยท 67 posts

lmckenzie posted Thu, 18 November 2004 at 5:51 AM

Ernyoka, I understand your situation. I'm sure many people here are in a similar position as well. I really like the convenience of PP too--fortunately, I can use my debit card most places, even, I imagine overseas if they accept Visa, though I haven't tried. I've gotten too old and cranky I suppose to put up with this stuff, so I do what little I can to support things I believe in and protest the rising tide of theocracy, self-righteous moral-ism or whatever the hell is going on in my country. Fascinating, Puntomaus. Talk about different cultural priorities! Five US states (Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Massachusetts and Nebraska) in addition to various localities have such laws. The Georgia statute states that: "...any device designed or marketed as useful primarily for the stimulation of human genital organs is obscene material..." Apparently you can even be busted for having a dildo mold. I imagine they're probably watching the produce aisle pretty closely as well. The Texas statute is more detailed, listing artificial vaginas and dildos. Unfortunately Softriver, a little known provision of the Patriot Act banned the Sea Biscuit, along with the JackHammer 9000 Turbo and several varieties of ribbed contraceptive devices. I'm told that some people have created "improvised" vibratory devices (IVDs). Rumors about the Georgia woman found sitting atop her radio tuned to the Old Time Gospel Hour, with the bass and volume cranked up, and babbling about the second coming are probably an urban legend.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken