Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Pay-Pal are things so different, or maybe we are going back a few Years

Turtle opened this issue on Nov 19, 2004 ยท 51 posts

Lyne posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 8:11 PM

I was not worried or focused on "bondage" kinds of market place things (never bought any but a CUTE set for Koshini because of the boots and outfit..and have not as yet even used it) as the idea that the galleries would suddenly be censored... I admit that for myself, even at my age, I still get a bit embarrassed at some of the nudity, yet when artists like Leah do images, it is ART!! So... to me it feels like pay pal is trying to censor art...and it feels like times of "book burning"! Also it is what is done WITH the market item that makes it "good or bad" (if there is such a thing).... I have Firebirdz Paradise Passions because on reflection I realized that WITH clothes, many of the poses can be very romantic looking, and I don't have to take the HOURS to try and make two figures pose together right... I have also been thinking... I don't know what the rules (read demands) from Pay Pal are, except for what I saw in another thread here from Poser Pros - so I wonder if it is mostly a major change in the image presentations in the market itself. Not being a seller here, (and not dealing with pay pal at my own store) I have no inside information on what is going to happen exactly. I feel for the artists/sellers that are all probably working frantically to make changes for the deadline.... At any rate, I censor my own viewing-whether buying or gallery viewing and if this is still a free country/world (?) we all should have that choice!! If I come in via my e mail notice to a Favorite Artist to an image that embarrasses me, I just click close and move on.. And rosity has it's own setting to not even allow one to view nudity at all... so that seems responsible to me...(re: china..why would a company based in the USA be told what to do by a country like China?!? Yes...the almighty dollar or yen or whatever... GRrrrrrr!) I will not stop shopping here, that would hurt the artists... and I actually post art here FIRST over my own personal site and other galleries... I love the huge community feel and the comment format set up for sharing our art... Sigh.. I wonder if after the storm has blown over if things will (HOPING!) shake out okay....and not be TOO different.. only time will tell..

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!