Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Animating with Poser, wth am I doing wrong :(

saviornt opened this issue on Nov 21, 2004 ยท 5 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Sun, 21 November 2004 at 12:59 PM

Its on Firefly Renderer, Production settings, raytracing on. The movie compression is set on Divx. That says it all, now doesn't it! ;) "Production", "raytracing", "Divx compression". These are all high-quality outputs for an image render, let alone an animation. And Poser is not well equipped to do animation at these levels (before flames touch butt)-> in reasonable time periods. You have to remember that high-quality animations, even using Professional software, is extremely processor and time consuming. This is the reason for 'render farms'. 20 seconds of animation can take days or weeks to create at these levels. Personally, I'd drop the DivX compression altogether. Drop saving as an animation altogether. Use single frame output renders and combine in other software (QuickTime, Premiere, etc.). This has two advantages: you can stop and start the render process at any time while guarding against crashes and you can check the progress while having more format options for creating the animation. If this is just a 'preview', I'd go way lower on settings for checking the results. No need to produce the final output just to check the results. If you need to check the quality, you can render small sections or just single frames.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone