Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Dystopian

Moebius87 opened this issue on Nov 21, 2004 ยท 22 posts

ChuckEvans posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 2:59 PM

Oh, I tend to agree with Compiler a bit. Of course, it's hard to "see" what it will be like when textured. Also, I'm influenced by some of the images Stoney has made (where there is little ground-level traffic (guess that's for poor people who can't afford air commuting)). In my mind, I'd expect more advances in the future (the future where I see Dystopia). For example, don't we have "hover chairs" instead of regular wheelchairs by now? (noticing the access slopes for the "wheelchair" bound) And, it looks like one of those small trash recpticles (sp?) mounted on a pole. If so, I'd more expect a built-in slot in the support that would be connected to a main disposal system. And 12 overhead lights? I'd expect to see three long modern bars instead. In fact, in "my" modern world, dual usage would be a must in city planning...so the supports for the "roof" might also double as lighting from the 4 corners...in fact, color-coded so pedestrians would be able to see the lights from afar and recognize it to be a transportation stop. And let the whole thing be powered by solar panels built into the cover. Well, just my thoughts. Of course, based on what I see Dystopia as (which may differ from what you see it as). You may have more of a "Blade Runner" sort of idea in your head (smile). One other note...if I may be so bold...it will take a lot of these modules to "flesh" out ground level in Dystopia. Yes, we will be able to sneak in a few of Stoney's things (on the more dilapidated part of the city winks) and some of his interiors but coming from the Dystopia meister and artist, where we can stay true to your vision, we are left with your items to meld in. So, gulp, in that regard, is there any chance of making your "add-in packs" set at $9.95 or something affordable for those who would like to "collect" the whole lot of them? As I see it, there is room for 10-20 modules (of one type or another) and any true Dystopian will need/want to have them all. Just a suggestion (and if adopted ahead of time, you would be able to make a module/add-in pack based on the target price)