Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Now in "Free Stuff" - the TARDIS Console!!!

Redfern opened this issue on Nov 23, 2004 ยท 26 posts

Redfern posted Tue, 23 November 2004 at 12:43 PM

Oh dear! You poor, deprived soul! In all seriousness, I realize many have not had the opportunity to watch the exploits of the good Doctor. It's not everyone's cup of tea. Due to the limited budget of the original series, one must be willing to look past the sometimes less than substantial (read: wobbly) sets and bubble-wrap alien costumes. However, the theatrical stage training and conviction of the actors involved helps draw one into the story. If you enjoy adventures in the vein of the old Saturday matinee serials ending in cliff-hangers, "Doctor Who" is for you. If you enjoy characters who use their wits to resolve a problem rather than simply blowing it up (though there are snazzy pyrotechnics) then again, "Doctor Who" is for you. If you want a set of stories that has the lead character quite literally turn into a new person and thus retaining the freshness of the concept, yes, you guessed it, "Doctor Who" is for you! Though few PBS stations air it anymore, the BBC has released many stories on videotape and more recently upon DVD. These disc editions have numerous audio commentaries from surviving performers, featurettes and even comedy sketches. With a new series debuting in the first half of next year, never has there been a better time to introduce oneself to the longest running and open ended science fiction drama, "Doctor Who". Merciful Mogg! I certainly lay it on thick, don't I? Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!