Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Hot 20........ Is it just me?

justinwilliams opened this issue on Dec 03, 2004 ยท 79 posts

cagewench posted Fri, 03 December 2004 at 2:40 PM

You see, I like to look at the Hot 20 lists in the galleries. And it dismays me somewhat that a site with so many members allows it to (often) be a popularity contest. You do see deserving artists in there as well, but many are overlooked and you also see art that really isn't very good in there because of the popularity issue. I post in the Writer's gallery and it doesn't seem to be so much of an issue there, but we get FAR LESS posts than the Poser gallery does. And I still think the Hot 20 should be changed. I think an artist should only be able to place in the Hot 20 ONCE, that all their votes should count towards one spot which would then open to a larger version of their "featured gallery images" rather than them being able to have multiple spots. For example: right now (3:35 p.m. my time 2:35 p.m. R'osity time) I have 7 items in the Hot 20. A wonderful writer named netsia has 7, and TallPockets has 2, the other 4 spots are taken by writers with one item in the Hot 20... If we could only have one spot per artist, then there would be 13 more spaces in the Hot 20 for other writers. cara