Forum: Bryce

Subject: The tolerance border is crossed really!

Wahnfried1959 opened this issue on Dec 05, 2004 ยท 56 posts

Hythshade posted Sun, 05 December 2004 at 1:50 PM

I'm just curious about something. I'm not at all trying to offend anyone here really. But, I understand to a point some of the arguments some of you are having with some of the images in the Bryce H20. But, I noticed it's the same group of people that have a real problem with the image that Jocko posted and got in the top 20. What I would like to know is why these people feel thier work is any better than Jockos, and what gives them the artistic authority to complain about what is good Bryce, and bad Bryce. I looked at some of your galleries of the ones in this thread, and while you have the right to post your images in the style you see fit, I would have to say that most of what I have seen I could do in 10 minutes blindfolded, and probably do better. Most of it is Unrefined with a lack of detail. The compositions are way off balance. The lighting in most instances is atrocious. And a huge majority of the time most of the texturing is nothing more than bryce presets. I mean really, All I wanna know is why some of you, and you should know which ones I'm talking about feel his image is worse than the stuff you guys post? I realize it's really not nice of me to sit here and point out all of your flaws, but Is it really fair to be so harsh on Jockos or anyone elses images that get posted in the top 20. Do you guys think Rochr, or Flak, or Beton, or sbleci, or any number of Bryce masters think it's fair to see any of your works in the top 20 when they obviously can do a superior job... I really just think it's time to drop this whole issue, stop treating each other disrespectfully, and start helping each other grow. That's just my 2 cents worth. With that being said, I really do enjoy seeing everyone of your works of art, no matter what your style may be and I hope you'll afford other people no matter what thier level of experience is the same respect.