Forum: Vue

Subject: GUITTA - Good Bye... and thank to all of you for your amazing support !!!

gebe opened this issue on Dec 05, 2004 ยท 107 posts

MikeJ posted Sun, 05 December 2004 at 7:59 PM

I've almost been dreading visiting this forum for the past few weeks, because I was afraid I'd come here one day and be confronted with exactly this news. Guitta was an extremely talented woman, and the Vue Community has this day lost one of its best artists, contributors and teachers. And, for those of us who knew her somewhat personally, it's even sadder, because I feel like I just lost a family member, and I'm sure alot of you out there do as well. I'm all choked up and I really don't know what to say, because I too have been just staring at the screen, wishing it would say something other than what it does, all these memories coming back. Guitta helped me tremendously with Vue, but with other things as well. When I was Moderator of this Forum, I often asked for her advice and suggestions for things like how to deal with the Challenges, the voting, the "Back Room" (what we used to call the "Annex") HTML, and all kinds of things. You go through life, and you meet people, and every now and then one of those people stands out...really stands out, and you think to yourself that you've literally been blessed just to make this person's acquaintance, and that's how I feel about Guitta. Though she's now gone on to a far better place, she sure will never be forgotten here, and I will always remember her. To you, Gilles, and the whole Bertaud family, I am truly sorry for your loss, but I'm glad that at least her pain is no more. You and the rest of the Bertaud family have my sincerest sympathies. I want you to know that Guitta meant alot to ALOT of people scattered throughout this world, and her memory will live on until the earth itself has passed.