Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Artists: How do you work?

rjbourc opened this issue on Dec 06, 2004 ยท 18 posts

rjbourc posted Tue, 07 December 2004 at 8:13 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=rjbourc

lalverson: 51 GB Runtime? Mine is just under 7, and takes too long. Just curious: how long does Poser take to start up on your machine? It's just about 2 1/2 minutes on my 1.33 GHz Powerbook with 1 GB Ram running 10.3.6. Parenting props to figures sounds like a good idea. leather-guy: You're right - now that I've tried it, I can say that using low-res stand-ins is the way to go for big interactive scenes. Also, I totally agree - my Poser 5 dials start getting wonky just about the time I want to tweak for rendering. From there on out, it's all typing for me. A_: setting the camera early on is an interesting idea, but I don't think it would work for me. I always find myself searching around for the most interesting POV and generally I end up with something different than where I started. Phantast: I think that part of my problem is that I like to knock out an image in a single 2-3 hour session. I'd rather spend some of that time perfecting my image rather than just getting it done. xantor: That's the test render I start with, but I find I have to move lights frequently because I generally like to work dark and moody. I wish I could do a quick render with shadows, even a real lo-res one. I have a copy of Bryce, and I'm ashamed to say that I've barely used it. Can anyone point me to a good tutorial on setting up scenes using Poser characters and props in Bryce? Or should I try Vue first? By the way, this thread has been really helpful to me. Thanks, everyone.