Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Hack: Changing the display font?

tedbragg opened this issue on Dec 07, 2004 ยท 7 posts

lmckenzie posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 12:26 PM

In P4 at least, if you exceed a certain number of lolders in a category eg. Poses, the dial text becomes truncated. Reducing the number of folders will fix that. In P4 (PC) there are a couple of files one is ASIFont.fon (IIRC) looking inside one in a text editor I found the name Altura Software. A little research seems to indicate that Poser was originally ported to the PC using their product Mac2Win. I don't know what they may have done regarding fonts but my hunch is that fonts are somehow embedded/interpreted/who knows. There's a reference to "mono" in the .fon file as well as "FONTRES 100,96,96". The file asifont.map contains a list of font names. How any of this is related, I don't know. If you're brave, you can make a backup copy of the files and play around with them in a hex editor and see if it changes anything. I'm doubtful because this has been an issue for a long time and I'd think that Meta or CL would have provided a fix if it were that easy.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken