Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: New product preview....cannot give it a higher rating in english

richardson opened this issue on Dec 06, 2004 ยท 64 posts

face_off posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 4:20 PM

Hi All, I only just caught this thread. Thanks to Richardson for the info above. A couple of points.... 1) operaguy, I'm not sure you would call this "radiosity". The whole thing is built around faking subsurface scattering using some maths. There is a tutorial the concepts in the product readme (which you can download from the product page). This reveals all the secrets. And no, deployment of the product doesn't seem to add significant time to the render. Off the top of my head, maybe 10-20%. 2) duanemoody, good points. Firstly, this isn't a new texturemap. It's doing things to existing texturemaps. However, yes, if everyone uses it with the same settings, similar results will be posted. But hey, it's progress :-) Secondly, the uniform freckles. I absolutely agree with you, and originally I planned to provide a map for freckle intensity. However, I decided instead to add fresnel freckles, which are not uniform. So you can switch off the uniform freckles, and turn up the fresnel freckles and get some interesting effects. All the tech included in the scripts is the results of my testing different concepts over about a 6 month period. I'm sure this can go a lot further. It needs more people experimenting and discovering new techniques. Releasing the script (and the tutorial which I will post in the Poser forum today) is really about getting this in the public domain and hopefully other people will have new ideas about how we can get more realistic renders from P5.

Creator of PoserPhysics
Creator of OctaneRender for Poser
Blog
Facebook