Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Texture Problems

EdsArt opened this issue on Dec 08, 2004 ยท 4 posts

seeker posted Thu, 09 December 2004 at 10:18 AM

OK this is a very basic guide of what I do when I apply maps. I'm sure there are people around here that can give you better instructions but here goes. First of all load the dress shirt. 1. Press the "MATERIAL" Tab 2. From the "Object" drop down menu choose the figure you want to apply the texture to. In this case the dress shirt. 3. From the "Material" drop down menu choose one of the shirts materials. (Pocket, buttons, shirt...) 4. One of the ways to add a node is by pressing on the "Node Options" and choose a type of node. For this case choose "New Node - 2D textures - image_map" (alternatively you can drag a line from i.e. "diffuse_color" and then release and choose "New Node - 2D textures - image_map".) 5. Now that you have a new node drag a line from the node(circled corner) to the "diffuse_color"(usually white) and another to the "specular_color"(usually black) 6. Now press the "none" word besides the "image source" on the node. Press "Browse..." and load the texture you want to use. 7. IF you want to apply a transparency map then you have to make another node, load the tranparency map instead of the texture and connect it to the "Tranparency" and "tranparency_Falloff", you have to make sure that "Tranparency" has a value of more than 0(usually 1) and decrease the "tranparency_Falloff" to 0. Also the specular color must be pure black and the "Highlight_Size" also to 0. 8. IF you also have a Bump Map then connect a node, with the Bump Map loaded, to the "Bump" and set it to a very small value. 9. You have to do the same procedure for all the materials but If you want to use the same maps to all of them then from the "Node Options" drop down menu choose "select all" and then again from the same menu "apply to all..." I hope this helps. If you have any questions just let me know. Niki