Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A plea to product creators. Corqect your image references :(

looniper opened this issue on Dec 11, 2004 ยท 61 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Sat, 11 December 2004 at 5:07 PM

From indepth experience with the Poser file format, I find the inconsistency in case-sensitivity to be extremely annoying. In some cases, keywords MUST be case-sensitive, or the file will raise an error. In other cases, eh, who cares: the keyword can be cased as you please. This is lazy programming practice. If you want case-insensitivity on ALL keywords, lower case ALL keywords. If you want case-sensitivity on ALL keywords, use it on ALL keywords. One of my plugins has a dictionary of 168 Poser keywords (not to mention five String Resource lists), but I had to construct the dictionary as a struct with two fields: the string and a boolean to determine whether or not the keyword is case-sensitive (for as many as I have encountered that are not anyway). Obviously, this lackidasical approach extends into paths - textures is 'who cares', but Geometries is 'strict sensitivity'. Make up your friggin' minds, CL!

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone