Forum: Community Center

Subject: The Meaning of Christmas

DirtyFairy opened this issue on Dec 13, 2004 ยท 26 posts

ArtyMotion posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 3:38 PM

im not saying it should rule over the others but it should be allowed to be shown with the others. its just another form of censorship and if thats the case, why have a holiday contest at all?

First of all, the crucifixion and all that it implies is an icon that pertains more to the celebration of Jesus' death and resurrection. And, for that, Christians have a separate holiday, called Easter.

Christmas is for the celebration of the BIRTH of Christ, as all of you have stated here. Some choose to believe that the purpose for Christ's birth was to die for our sins. However, there are many other Christians, such as myself, who believe that Christ came here to show us how to LIVE. It was our ignorance of the meanings of his teachings that caused his death, and the deaths of countless others since then.

I see Christmas as a celebration of Jesus' LIFE, not of his death. I do not feel that the crucifixion depicts his life as symbolically as the manger scene, or even one of the miracles he performed. To get this back on topic, and not off to start a religious war, the TOS clearly states that acts of torture (such as crucifixion) is not permitted. THAT is the reason the image was deleted, not that it depicted Christ. There are many other events from Christ's life that would be accepted in the contest.

Message edited on: 12/13/2004 15:45