Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Constructive feedback in Galleries? (controversial)

ju8nkm9l opened this issue on Dec 13, 2004 ยท 23 posts

Invidia posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 8:09 PM

I think different people have different ideas about how they want their galleries to be viewed, and I'm okay with that. Some want praise and encouragement, while others are solely interested in artistic critique. If I were to want honest feedback, I think I would make a mention of it in my comments on the image. Something like . . . "I would really appreciate comments on how I can improve this image so I can grow as an artist. If you see anything you would have done differently, please let me know." I sometimes get critique from people that is very useful. Other times I realize they don't know what they are talking about, but I'm at the point in my life (and my artistic development) where I can shrug things like that off easily. However, I have to shamefully admit that I love the kind comments that people send along. Like many of us here, I liken a lot of comments to success. The personal attacks will happen too if you post controversial images. Mine are all down now (Thank you, Paypal), but I had some up there with comments like "This is disturbed" and my favorite "Rendered with hatred and viewed with disgust." -sigh- Best of luck with your gallery. I'm gonna head over there now and leave you a comment - if I see anything that hasn't been pointed out already. Best Blessings, --Invidia