Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Gallery Comment

trelihan opened this issue on Dec 15, 2004 ยท 57 posts

maxxxmodelz posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 8:29 PM

standing on soapbox Poser users are often targets of rancor from the 3D community for various reasons. Some of it is jealousy I'm sure over Poser's "ease of use" compared to the do-it-yourself techniques, but some of it also has to do with Poser's own community behavior. Yes, I consider myself part of this community, but I'm also part of other communities, and sometimes have to see things from "their" perspective as well. The truth is, as we all know, the Poser community is a very active one compared to those of other applications. Much of what is posted to the Poser galleries is work done by people who often do not take the time to work on developing their skills before publishing their art, and do not accept constructive critiques very well once the work is made public. People in this community tend to be compassionate and embrace all works, even that which is clearly a novice effort, without offering ways to improve. This is a pattern that manifests itself much more prolifically in this community than any other I've seen. The result, when viewed from the "outside" can appear as if this community has insulated itself from harsh or "matter-of-fact" critique. This apparantly causes some people to lash out indiscriminately at our community as a whole. At least that's how I see it. stepping off soapbox That said, I don't think the work in question here deserved the remarks made at all. Even if it were a constructive crit, which it was NOT, I don't think it would have been accurate at all. The guy is obviously just an idiot.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.