Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is it just me??? (24 days of gifts for you from daz published artists)

aeilkema opened this issue on Dec 16, 2004 ยท 107 posts

Tilandra posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 9:58 AM

Okay, let me see if I hear what you're saying, and clarify our position. You feel we are being ungrateful. That by complaining about someone giving away something for free, we're being picky. What I'm saying (I can't speak for the others) is that by giving away something for free that requires an additional expediture is not giving a gift. It's a gift to their prior customers, but not to the rest of us. If DAZ truly wanted to be generous, they'd make it something that everyone could use, and not a promotional gimmick masquerading as the Holiday Spirit. You can stand on the corner and give away free keys all day long, but if you have to buy the car in order to use them, it's not much of a gift, is it? And I'm not saying it has to be every item, but 1 or 2 items out of 14 being stand-alone is ridiculous. And that's DAZ's fault, not the merchant's, because they have the final say on what goes on the list, because I'm sure they had many, many items to choose from that people offered, just as we had here. I don't like it when companies play on someone's emotions and Holiday Spirit for the sake of their pocketbooks.