Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is it just me??? (24 days of gifts for you from daz published artists)

aeilkema opened this issue on Dec 16, 2004 ยท 107 posts

Xena posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 6:55 AM

And I was asked why I didn't contribute 8O THIS is the reason why. Just for the record - making things for games is NOTHING compared to making things for Poser 4, Poser Pro Pack, Poser 5 and Daz Studio - all of which your product must be compatible with or threads start up and your stuff gets slammed by people who have no clue as the the sheer amount of work we modellers put into making things compatible with programs that have more faults than you can count on 2 hands. It takes me anywhere from 2 hours to 2 weeks to model an outfit, yet INVARIABLY it takes me 5 times (without exaggeration) longer to rig for those above mentioned programs and get it working well enough to sell. Unless you actually do this, you cannot begin to fathom the amount of hassles involved in doing something as simple as making one clothing item work in 3 versions of one program (and the 5th version is a piece of crap) and a program that things just simply do not work in. I just love the christmas spirit around here ;D