Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is it just me??? (24 days of gifts for you from daz published artists)

aeilkema opened this issue on Dec 16, 2004 ยท 107 posts

Bobbie_Boucher posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 11:05 AM

Oh, geesh. First let's get some things straight.

1.) Wine is a beverage you drink. You can wHine about something. See the difference in spelling.

2.) Brokers are people who handle artists. An artist is not necessarily a broker, unless that artist is also a broker.

3.) If someone gives me the keys to a Mercedes, it would be nice if that meant they were giving me the Mercedes. If they were not giving me the Mercedes, I wouldn't need to be giving away cars myself to complain that I couldn't use the keys.

4.) You don't know what I give or try to give to the community. I just spent over 16 hours working on my last gift, only to have it shoved cruelly down my throat. It hurt more than you can imagine, because this kind of reaction has been going on for as long as I've been working with Poser.

5.) Oh, and I'm struggling to find some Christmas spirit as I'll spend my first Christmas alone since I got married 5 years ago. And it makes no sense that my (ex) wife is just down the street, feeling just as bad as I am.

It's nice of you artists to offer free stuff, but you have to remember not everyone will like what you offer. The real joy in giving is in the making and/or giving of the gift. The receiver of the gift doesn't owe you anything. You should always remember the recipient of the gift and their feelings are just as important as yours.

Now if you'll pardon me, I have some more important things to occupy my mind.

Message edited on: 12/17/2004 11:06

Message edited on: 12/17/2004 11:07