Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Are We Getting A Poser 6?

toohey opened this issue on Dec 16, 2004 ยท 37 posts

FishNose posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 2:48 PM

Blah blah, nag nag, complain complain. I dunno... I think CL do about the same things all SW companies do, including MS. Release it, hope it works, fix it, etc etc. And there are always people who SWEAR this is the worst disaster they ever saw, the lousiest manual, the crappiest support, the most money-grabbing company of all time.... sigh. I've been in the biz since the mid-80's, since before Windows even existed. I used to beta test new apps and OS's, new BIOS's, new HW. And it has ALWAYS sounded the same. Complain, complain. Come on, you lot. I love Poser, I have done for many years. It has its quirks and the manual could be better... just like all SW I ever used, every manual I ever read. Okay? When Poser 6 comes out I'll buy it. Simple. But not immediately. I'll buy it after a while when all the complaining subsides to an uneasy simmer. Then I'll know it's okay to go back in the water. Oh, and about the original post :o) P6 will be out for sure. There's a market for it and it WILL come one day. And version 7, 8, 9 etc. Be so sure. CL said a LONG time ago that it would mostly consist of stabilising and consolidating Poser, not adding piles of advanced new stuff that hardly functions. They learned from the mistakes made last time. Of course, if new people take over, they may just reinvent the wheel. That happens too, lol. But of course there will be new functions included, that's basic marketing strategy. The 'step up' must be obvious enough to attract people. :] Fish