Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Fairies and nude V3

Oceanlord25 opened this issue on Dec 15, 2004 ยท 56 posts

lmckenzie posted Mon, 20 December 2004 at 9:16 PM

'Nobody sits there and thinks, "Time to make some sucky art."' Randym77 pretty much sums it up. Though I'm not an artist. I think I can perhaps understand some of Oceanlord25's frustration. You have to understand the way these things evolve though. I imagine if you look at "amateur" video, for example, the people who first got into it were probably those who had some expertise in the field. Today, many more people can afford the equipment and it's easier to use. There's also a much greater awareness. In the beginning, you probably had the budding Spielbergs. Now, you have everyone and his brother taping vacations and birthday parties. Once you expand the population, you can't expect the same average level of talent or the same kind of motivation or interest. Did the Brownie somehow debase the art of fine photography? The fact that Poser has opened up a world of possibilities for more people to express themselves is wonderful. The artistic purists will always be disappointed that "their" art form has been diluted, that the overall level of talent has declined, etc. My only suggestion is for them to try to accept and even perhaps embrace the notion that now many more people can enjoy the sense of joy and fulfillment that art has brought them, each in their own way. On the surface it may seem that there is less originality but to each person, their creation is original, it comes from their individual attempt to express something, even if they consciously set out to emulate something they admire. Renderosity may no longer be the exclusive province of a few talented pioneers and perhaps in a sense that is regrettable but it still provides the same opportunity to so many more. That, as Martha would say, even from prison, is "a good thing."

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken