Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue vs Bryce

nightmage80 opened this issue on Dec 22, 2004 ยท 16 posts

dlk30341 posted Wed, 22 December 2004 at 7:24 PM

Yikes....that's a toughie....to try & be unbiased LOL.

I would suggest going to e-onsoftware.com & review the feature list. There are more updates to Vue coming ealry next year :) IMHO...Vue rocks....they are constantly upgrading. Vue's lighting/plants & rendering engine are superb IMHO. The UI is easy, as it's windows based so to speak. The above mentioned website will give more explicit details.

Bryce - The UI is ancient...it hasn't been updated in years and as of NOW can't even compare to Vue. That said, Daz has recently bought Bryce from Corel & is currently working on mini upgrade from 5.0 to 5.5. There will likely be a complete upgrade sometime next year. Bryce renders if you are lucky take days! Their plants IMHO are hideous.

But of course, the bottom line is what fits you & your workflow the best. I would suggest, looking in the galleries here..under Bryce & Vue & try the free demos available to see which YOU like the best. Also, if have Poser, Vue is definately a lot easier...even with Daz putting out the Turbo Importer for Bryce, I haven't read too many good things about it, as in making life easier. Both camps are very loyal to there own choices & can become quite snitty at times when asked 1 way or the other which they prefer :)

Hope this helps :)

Message edited on: 12/22/2004 19:28