Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Should I or shouldn't I?

ynsaen opened this issue on Dec 24, 2004 ยท 104 posts

annemarie2 posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 12:19 PM

Jumping in REAL late here..... Yanno, I noticed there was a complaint about a critisim someone gave another artist about their render. The critique was in good taste, nice and polite and while it was constructive critisism, the person who commented also pointed out the good as well. By the way the artist and some had taken the pros and cons of the work, it was the end of the world, and in their next piece they claimed how they were going to disable their comments, all because they felt they were being picked on by that one comment. Surely the only purpose in marking the comments box isn't to get glowing praise. Personally, thats why I mark the comments box. Not that it isn't nice to get praise, but it is also very nice to hear how I can improve. Sure there are going to be people who take it to a whole new extreme on both sides...people being too touch about a comment to improve, or someone being completely anal and nit picking a piece you did to death, but most the critique comments I have seen are in good taste and very polite, and they point out the good things too. I say more power to ya....and maybe this isn't just you should be doing, but everyone else as well.