Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Should I or shouldn't I?

ynsaen opened this issue on Dec 24, 2004 ยท 104 posts

ynsaen posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 1:19 PM

I should; probably will. The problem is that there the work is closer to my own, and the nature of literary criticism is very different from that of visual art crit. I can achieve a bit of distance from visual art. I don't hae an urge when I see pictures to really try and make it myself over again to do it better -- indeed, I'm more often inspired to write something by what I see visual (such is the case with the anniemation piece I'm evaluating right now). I can't say the same about writing, though. Means that I'm not going to be as objective, and I'm reticent to endeavor to do things where my objectivity is limited. This would be really brought to the fore by much of the poetry in the writers forum. I am fairly certain I would not be able to maintain an effective objectivity when faced with some of the poems, as I tend to be too great a purist there myself, and would not be able to effectively offer effective criticism of the non-linear, meterless works. Outside of the poetry, however, I might just hit a few, lol. Mostly, however, I will stick to the poser gallery, venturing into some of the others as time ad opportunity are afforded me -- I still have to stay within the bounds of what I know, and critiquing a cinema 4D piece is a bit outside my scope technically -- all I would be able to address is the core elements visually.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)