Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Python script request: Scale all objects in scene?

Berserga opened this issue on Dec 23, 2004 ยท 36 posts

operaguy posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 2:08 PM

Moreover, I'd like to say this, just so it is in the mix.

Over a year ago, I did some experimental high-res test animations in Poser4 Pro Pac. Very close up, high frame rate, hi-res textures, subtle, small movements. One frame is VERY NEARLY the same as the next. Nothing was visibly amiss on the individual frames...they looked GREAT!. But placed next to one another in a dense animation, it is obvious that some sort of 'compromise' calculation was taking place in the deep shadows and at high acute angles (for instance on the side of the head)

The result was "flicker".

I personally have no desire to go back to flicker-land and test my hypothosis, but I intuitively believe this problem is intrinsic to Poser, period, with certain types of render. It's that sever decimal computation that either is not carried out to sufficient places, or is rounded up/down in a sloppy fashion.

Now, the addition of the power of Firefly has certainly brought this intrinsic problem to the surface. Ronstuff detected it in 'black spot' artifacts on individual frames in raytrace renders. There are possibly other spheres of working in Poser that are negatively affected by the small-scale universe.

I suggest that, with further experimentation, this idea of working scaled up, or having CL transform the scale altogether, or fix the decimal math algorithms, becomes an important basic strategy awareness for Poser users.

::::: Opera :::::

Message edited on: 12/25/2004 14:15