Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Should I or shouldn't I?

ynsaen opened this issue on Dec 24, 2004 ยท 104 posts

queri posted Sat, 25 December 2004 at 6:22 PM

Here's what I do, Ynsaen, and I've never been called a troll or made people too mad. Many have actually thanked me. #1 I first always mention something good about the render-- if there is nothing I can say good about the render, I move on and say nothing at all, it's too bad to comment on. #2 I gently comment on the most offensive problem, knees cracking, cloth/hair poke through, shadow problems-- mentioning I've done this often myself. #3 If the render is a good one but needs a different perspective-- like an interesting camera angle, better lights, I'll mention that, suggest some possibilties, if I can, If I can't I honestly say I don't know how to fix this that or the other thing. I limit my comments to three to four issues-- including the good ones, which can be considered one if there's lots that's good-- because most people, including me can't keep more than that in their heads and too many thngs wrong sounds like everything was crap. Other than that, kindness, honesty, humility-- in that you don't sound like you'r the greatest renderer of all time telling a poor newbie how to fix their pathetic shit, are the key points. Try to only comment on work you have some respect for, and let that respect show-- people will listen. And if they don't, you have done your best. Never hurts to say it too often-- Always begin with What Is Right in the Render!! Go for it, kid, you have kindness in your soul and honesty to burn. You are also IMO eminently respectful, let that show and you can insert helpful criticism in the galleries without doing harm. Or starting a war. Emily