Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Should I or shouldn't I?

ynsaen opened this issue on Dec 24, 2004 ยท 104 posts

ynsaen posted Sun, 26 December 2004 at 7:10 PM

Emily -- that's pretty much my general habit -- I work off the perception of if someone were to critique my work, what would be useful to me. I do try to make it useful stuff. OTherwise the point to it seems more akin to being a movie critic, and one can fall into that trap all too easily. pteryx, Thanks :) I don't know how much I can actually teach, but heck, if I can get more good pics to look at, I'll be thrilled. Spedler, yvvw!I shall check out your response soon :) Singular3D, the best thing about this sort of stuff, as well, is that if you, as the artist, see things differently, then, heck, there's no harm, no foul, and no hurt. Often, critics will miss the point of the artist's effort. It then behooves the critic to pay more attention to the artist in turn. Geep -- remind me not to give you the name of my hairdresser. hee hee. Strixowl -- yep. That's the challenge that I have. Towal, I'll give it my best shot :) I know that when I was first finally posting stuff, I ended up having to go elsewhere for good advice -- and I'd been using poser about two years already. My efforts were terrible. Truly. It was only conscious effort on my part to learn the basics of art, and to get specific criticisms on those elements, that I finally began to improve. Time for me to sorta repay that favor.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)