Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Should I or shouldn't I?

ynsaen opened this issue on Dec 24, 2004 ยท 104 posts

ynsaen posted Wed, 29 December 2004 at 4:49 PM

Being dissed as in the example provided isn't an issue. It looks like the person in the example would be what is considered unarmed collateral. Fairly obvious a nerve was struck. In general, I don't post often to the galleries here, myself. At present, I have a gallery here, at RDNA, and then I also have pretty much the full run of the galleries at Odd Ditty Foundry, as well. So what little I produce that isn't already owned by someone else is usually experiments and tests. But I learned a great deal from looking at the good stuff here. Once I learned the basics -- composition, color, lighting, blah blah blah -- I was able to study the best stuff available here and learn things. Good place to learn. So when someone does decide that my critiques are of the "sicko" variety, and forgets the motivations behind my doing so, well, they are most certainly entitled to their beliefs. Sanity does strange things to people. (and ya'll know that if they jump me, I'm likely to reach around and bite.) The sheer volume of images is why I don't expect that little ole me, by myself, is going to have much of an impact on the galleries as a whole. We're talking about maybe 12 images a week. If 9 out of those 12 people find my efforts to have been of service to them, well, that's enough to justify it in my mind. And because I will only be able to check 12 or so images a week, I will most likely only comment on those images which attracted my attention. For my part, I am reaching outside of the normal bounds of my personal tastes. Such is the task I have set for myself in the new year. It joins my "real life" (which, oddly enough, is mostly online), Odd Ditty Foundry, Wyrlde: The Bleak Journey, RuntimeDNA, some efforts here outside of that one, forum trolling through here, DAZ, and Faeriewylde, and whatever new and exciting opportunities the new year may bring. It's a full plate, to be sure. But I've got a big appetite for it. Now to see if I can stomach it all...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)