Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: If I make A Character Do I own The Copyright??

zippyozzy opened this issue on Dec 31, 2004 ยท 35 posts

zippyozzy posted Sun, 02 January 2005 at 3:18 AM

Sounds too complex for me at this stage as long as I can retain the copyright from my images that's all that matters to me right now cos I make cartoons & avi files frm them. I'm gonna hunt around to see what I can afford to buy a small 3D program to create some props for my scenes. Since I make small, animated gifs out of characters and shorts that's all that really matters to me at the moment. Even if you bought Vickie and Mike3 and made other models from it you still don't have a licence to sell it? But yet, if you made an image from that model you can claim copyright too it? Really strange. Like I said, not that I want to actually use Poser models to sell my work but someday when I get advanced enough I would like to make my ow and see if I'd be able to sell some stuff or make freebies. It's mainly for my 3D website anyway. Oh and for the record I don't have any DAZ products or models, just Poser4. What about a generic nude model? If I made a character from that in another program would I then be able to give it away as a freebie?

Message edited on: 01/02/2005 03:31