Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 5 Pro is here

Peggy_Walters opened this issue on Jan 17, 2005 ยท 68 posts

MartinPh posted Wed, 19 January 2005 at 3:33 AM

Sorry, Agiel, but I have to disagree. If they merely want to offer the customer the opportunity to make the best choice, they need to list all the options alongside each other, rather then putting them on the market one after the other and keeping customers in the dark about what is coming. That is simply speculating on impuls buyers getting what is available now, and then still buying the full program later. Why not simply have a lite and a full version (i.e., v4e and v4pro) and be done with it? I agree with iloco that it's simply a money scheme. This is also clear from their dual pricing policy: no matter what the exchange rates of euro's/dollars are, e-on will never loose: they just make the customers pay that live in the area with the most expensive currency. Thanks to that I (also an impuls buyer) paid 172 dollars for two modules rather than the advertised 108 dollars. Had I lived in the US, I could have alomost bought the full upgrade to v5pro for that! But you only find that out by the time you reach the almost final page of the ordering sequence. I again lodged a complaint with them about this. Either you have single currency pricing, or EVERY page of your website is clear about the dual pricing. "Upgrade to Vue5Pro? $199 for non Europeans, 199 euros + VAT for europeans." Bottom line as far as I'm concerned: truly great software, but unfair treatment of customers.