Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: "Fake" IBL (HDRI) animation test with P5 Firefly

maxxxmodelz opened this issue on Jan 19, 2005 ยท 23 posts

maxxxmodelz posted Wed, 19 January 2005 at 10:55 AM

"This must have been a blast! If her hand was on her hip or thigh...and you had mags on that thigh...could you get the mags to follow the hand indents..."

Sure, that's possible with a little "hair pulling" effort. ;-) Actually, everything on mags can be animated, so it shouldn't be too much trouble. I really didn't pay much attention to the way her left hand was animated, since it was not going to be seen by the camera. There's an old saying in 3d: "Don't model what you won't see". I use that same philosophy when animating. ;-)

Here's the wire of her hand positions in frame 1:

wire01.jpg

And here's frame 120:

wire02.jpg

"Have you tried it with just a few lights? The shader should give you an alt specular...for free. For rendertime sanity."

I'm not used to rendering within Poser, so when I saw how long the first frame took to roll out of Firefly, I near soiled my pants, but I had the "look" I wanted, so I didn't bother with any tweaking after that. I initially tested this scene using 20 lights generated by lightgen, but I had problems getting the soft shadow effect to behave the way I wanted (I didn't try scaling this scene up, which may have helped the shadows), so I generated a new file using double the generated lights, and with some shader tweaking, it worked out. :-)

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.