Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: "Fake" IBL (HDRI) animation test with P5 Firefly

maxxxmodelz opened this issue on Jan 19, 2005 ยท 23 posts

maxxxmodelz posted Wed, 19 January 2005 at 6:12 PM

"WAIT......is Diane rendered agaisnt a set and you are producing the light streaming in the window, plus out of focus with depth of field effects, or are you rendering agaisnt a background photo?"

Oh god. If I had rendered all that geometry with DOF, I'd still be waiting for Firefly to finish. LOL. No, that's actually an inverse sphere around the scene, mapped with an environment map (the same image used to capture the HDR data for Poser from HDRShop) with "cast shadows" disabled. I blurred the map in Photoshop before adding it to the sphere to fake DOF. It's basically a composite. Alternatively, you could have also dropped a portion of the image that corresponds with your lighting setup into the background to save further on rendertime or even simply saved the animation as TIFF output, with NO background at all, and composited the image in post but in this case, I wasn't sure if I would be animating the camera. I chose not to, since it's only a test, so I did the old map-to-sphere trick, which basically makes the image a 360 degree environment.
Message edited on: 01/19/2005 18:19

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.