Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Fix this!!!

Sombraweblab1 opened this issue on Jan 20, 2005 ยท 40 posts

bobcat574 posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 4:55 PM

To address the 'IK' issue, IK is inverse kinematics, which is how a computer computes the way the bone structure works. When you move your hand, the arm and shoulder follow, that's nature. with IK you can simulate this effect in poser, or any other 3d app. When you have IK turned on, and say you move the hip down, the feet stay in place, and the legs bend to simulate natural movement into a squatting position, adversly if you selected the foot, and moved it up, the leg would bend to simulate natural movement. If you had IK turned off, and moved the hip down, the whole character would move down because there is no base to realism. Sometimes when you create a pose that is out of the natural IK range, you get seperation of the mesh, Which looks like the trouble you are having. I agree with everyone else, try turning IK off and adjusting the pose that way. (Just in case your not sure, the IK option is located in the character drop down menue.) Hope this helps with the IK issue, I appologise if it is still unclear. (I'm not good at describing things)